BLESSED JESUS VILLAVERDE ANDRES SCHOLARSHIP FOR FLAGSHIP PROGRAMS
The Blessed Jesus Villaverde Andres Scholarship, named after a former Rector of the Colegio and beatified martyr (1877-1936), aims to attract academically exceptional students to enroll in selected tertiary level flagship programs of the Colegio. These programs ordinarily require government board examinations, and performance in these examinations is an important measure of the quality education which the Colegio offers and maintains. A limited number of slots are allocated annually per flagship program.
- With the intent of enrolling in the flagship programs;
- With, at least, “with high honors” rank of a school with, at least, 200 graduating students; and 3. With a weighted average of 90% and above in (his/her) Grade 12.
Benefits and Privileges Students (scholars) under the Blessed Jesus Villaverde Andres scholarship program will enjoy 100 % full discount on tuition, miscellaneous, supplemental and various fees.
In addition, the scholars will enjoy the following:
- Free books
- Free four (4) sets of school uniform (excluding PE & NSTP Uniforms)
Application and Selection Process
Student applicant should submit the following:
- Accomplished application form available at the Admissions Office
- Photocopy of the Report Card
- Principal’s/Registrar’s certification that applicant received, at least, “with high honors” rank
- Certificate of Good Moral Character
- Photocopy of the Parent’s Income Tax Return (ITR)
- 2 Copies of 2x2 ID Pictures
- After submission of documentary requirements, the student will undergo the examinations (Letran College Admission Test and Scholastic Achievement Test) as administered by the Admissions Office and Guidance Office.
- The student will also be subject to interview by Program Chair/Dean and the Scholarship Committee.
To maintain the Blessed Jesus Villaverde Andres scholarship, a student must:
- Carry the regular load for the semester;
- Maintain an average of 90% with no grade lower than 88 in any subject/semester;
- Have not dropped any subject; and 4. Not have been subjected to any disciplinary action.
The Scholarship Committee shall determine other requirements for students who are accepted in the Blessed Jesus Villaverde Andres scholarship, such as, but not limited to:
- Regular class attendance
- Active membership or officership in a Recognized Student Organization (RSO)
- Regular attendance in Academic Scholars Activities/ Sunday Eucharist
- The Office for Student Welfare and Development (OSWD), in cooperation with the Office of the Dean, shall monitor the over-all performance of the Blessed Jesus Villaverde Andres scholars.
- At the end of every term/ semester, the scholarship committee, with input from the OSWD, shall deliberate and evaluate every Blessed Jesus Villaverde Andres scholar.
- Blessed Jesus VillaverdeAndres scholars who do not abide with its retention and other policies shall be disqualified from the scholarship, and its benefits and privileges.
- The scholarship committee shall decide with finality on matters of retention and disqualification.